Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wally had better watch out...

Because I'm in love.

With this Little Folks fabric. It's spectacular! No really, I got a bunch of it for Christmas thanks to my mom and aunt who traveled three hours to find it (and my mother in law who helped support the cause!). I've been planning on making a simple quilt just squares of the fabric all together ... letting the fabric really speak for itself. Well it turns out that after cutting most of the squares out I was scared to sew them together (afraid I'd screw the whole thing up).... Well I finally did it today! It looks (and feels) great! It's the biggest quilt I've done so far  - and Wally wants me to add to it to make it bigger! lol. Right now it's a generous lap quilt for our couch. Our family quilt. :) ok so probably one of many. I love it! I do have to say that the fabric is dreamy but sometimes hard to tell right side from wrong side. That was my only complaint. I just love staring at the colors.

I'm thinking of a medium gray solid for the backing. Not sure what kind of quilting I'll do for it... not free motion though since I think it'd detract from the patterns. We'll see. I can't wait to work on it more!

1 comment:

  1. That little folks fabric is so soft and pretty. Love how you used simple squares to highlight the fabric. This will be a very cozy quilt. Thanks for you earlier comment. :o)

    ReplyDelete