Thursday, June 17, 2010

Doll Quilt Swap 9 and the Process Pledge

 
Here are some of my first sketches for the Doll Quilt Swap. I'm thinking of doing cathedral windows, which involves a bit of folding and ironing and then some pretty curved sewing (which I'm doing by machine not by hand as is traditionally done). Last week I did a little sample of this (at the bottom). I think I'm going to test out using white fabric for the base then adding gray squares peeking out of the "leaves" (the narrow ovalish parts) to add some more contrast. Then using bold saturated colors (not the primary ones here - thanks pack of 24 crayons) for the windows. 

I was sketching out some color options. I want to use a full rainbow of colors but to tone them down with some gray and use the white in between to really make it pop. My options shown here helped me to decide that for my sanity (and since my fabrics will work better) I am going to do a random placement. 
I haven't picked out my fabrics yet because I've been visiting with family all week. That comes next week! I can't wait! Hope my swap partner will like this!


No comments:

Post a Comment