Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rosemarie's Quilt - update and housekeeping.

You guys rock!!! Check out all the blocks that have already been made (some of them already in the mail) for Rosemarie's quilt! There are quite a few more up already on the flickr page too! I can't believe how much response I've gotten with this project! You guys are all the best! I think that one of you guys said it best - in a flickr mail note, so often we hear about things like this (Rosemarie having cancer) and there's nothing we can do but feel sorry for the situation - at least this is something we can do! I couldn't agree more, I feel helpless in this battle - the doctors, they can do stuff. The most I can do is support Rosemarie's mom and dad and sister... and even then, I'm 300 miles from them. This is something I can do. :) Thank you for helping me!

Today is the three year anniversary of the day we found out that Rosemarie has cancer. It's hard to think that it's been that long. She had barely even learned to walk yet! On the bright side, for the first time ever this week's scans showed a slight decrease in cancer cells! Which at the very least means that she's not allergic to the new treatment! At best it means it could be working!!!! :)

***

Ok on to the housekeeping. I didn't really know what goals or plans to make when first starting the Rosemarie quilt project; now that I have a better idea of how things are going to work here's the game plan. I've already started receiving blocks (!!!) and will continue to take them for a couple weeks... once again I'm leaving this pretty open since I'd like anyone who'd like to help to be able to. I will be -for lack of better words- away from my sewing machine for a few days the week of Aug 16th, so I won't plan on sewing them all together until at least the week of the 23rd. Hopefully that gives you all plenty of time to submit blocks if you'd like to. My goal will be to get the blocks together into a quilt top during the last week of August (as I'm having sinus surgery - ugh - the first week of Sept.). Any extra blocks will be made into a matching quilt for Katee (Rosemarie's big sister), and depending on what the treatments are like for Rosemarie, I'll be kidnapping Katee to help in the assembly process. Any further blocks, should there be any remaining, will be added into a quilt to be raffled off for Rosemarie, or for a Project Linus quilt.

I hope I've covered all the bases here. Please let me know if I forgot anything, or if you've got a question (or still need my address). Thanks guys!!

And in parting --- Pics of the first package of blocks I received yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment