Monday, December 20, 2010

Out of order.

I worked for literally an hour last night putting together mosaics for a post about my projects from this year. After all that I'm going to write about goals for next year today instead!

Here they are:

1. {Sew} Beautiful Bee & Swaps. I'm making this just one on my list since this is the extra, the push my boundaries and try something without worry. Whether it's a project pushing my color comfort zones, or my style... or even something technically challenging. But I'm going to try this year to make doubles of what I make for swaps. I really miss my DQS9 quilt that I sent off this year... I wish I would have made even a tiny one for myself

2. I'd like to make a quilt for my mom or my MIL this year. Not to push too much, since I made two quilts for my nieces at the same time this year. That was really crazy. I'll see how it goes. I think maybe my mom first since I seem to make little things for my MIL more often since she's here locally.

3. I really would like to finish the String Quilt I started last january... lol. It's supposed to be for Allie's toddler bed.

4. I'd like to follow a pattern for a quilt this year. I (kinda) followed my first pattern with the color brick quilt, it was crazy how quickly that went together without a lot of time thinking about it/figuring out measurements.

5. I want to make a wonky star quilt with light/medium grey and a pop of color.

6. I want to keep working on taking better pictures of my work. I've come a LONG way this year... gotta keep learning!

7. I'd like to make a baby this year. (too much? sorry). Oh and maybe not flip out nearly as much each month when I'm not pregnant as I have been. Just saying, although throwing myself into sewing is a pretty helpful way of coping.

8. I want to make more ruffly dresses for my daughter.

9. I would love to make more personal connections in the sewing world. I feel like I'm just out here. I don't go to guild meetings since they're a bit far away, and I don't know anyone in real life who quilts (aside from wally's great aunt...). I'd possibly like to make these connections at the Sewing Summit. :) Lofty goal there... don't know if we'll have the money.

10. I'd like to keep teaching my niece to enjoy crafts and sewing.

Now link up your goals over at Don't Call Me Betsy

8 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the baby making item. That's on my list for this year too. Although, like you said, sewing/quilting is a great way to cope each month that goes by without getting pregnant.

    I forgot about a strings quilt. I want to try making one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea making a list of sewing goals! I love the purple colors in your String Quilt! Maybe we could get together sometime and sew (or chat about sewing). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals! The string quilt is on my list for 2011 as well! Good luck with all of them, especially that baby making one :). Have a great Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you and Brooke on the baby front. Maybe this will be the year of a baby boom amongst all of us. {Fingers crossed} In the meantime, we will all sew like madwomen! I love your list, and that string quilt is going to be gorgeous when it's done! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck ladies--on the quilts and other items. The baby will most certainly not be on my list this year, but I'm hoping for you all. Great projects! I hope you can achieve them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your strings quilt. I would love to make one, but I don't think 2011 is the year! Good luck on the baby front. I am expecting my second in March, so I will try to send you long distance good baby vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. No more babies for me so I'll send you all my best baby wishes - I defintely understand the difficult wait.

    Thanks for reminding me of the Sewing Summit. Maybe a trip south is in order for me....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I'm sending baby wishes all of your way. I have a good friend who has been disappointed month after month in the past year. It's been so tough on her. So hugs and good baby vibes to everybody who wants one! Maybe we'll have a whole crop of {Sew} Beautiful babies by 2012! : )

    And I agree about making personal connections - that's not easy to do when you've got little kids at home and can barely get out to the fabric store, much less a guild meeting. Here's hoping we'll all be at the Sewing Summit!

    ReplyDelete