Friday, December 31, 2010

{Sew} Beautiful - January Finished!

I think the Dresden plate for Cherie went quite well! I can see how these things can be addictive! Such a great outcome. I didn't have any troubles making it, but I'm glad I did do a sample block with my fabric... since I happened to make the center circle wrong the first time! No troubles got it right the second time. lol. I'm really loving these colors too! Pretty awesome!
Here's my little tip from this project. I used masking tape numbers to keep the order correct when sewing the petals together. Cherie had mentioned numbering the blocks, and I'd never done it this way before; the only thing I had handy to number with happened to work well! I just wrote out the numbers 1-12 on my roll of tape, then ripped each one off. I was careful not to iron over them, but I don't think that really would have done any harm.

7 comments:

  1. Cool, I like how it came out! Great tip about the masking tape, I am wanting to try this one day and will keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!! I agree, I think Cherie picked the perfect block for this fabric collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Why do I feel behind even though it's not even January yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I agree with anne marie! I'm feeling behind already. I think I am going to tackle my practice block tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out really pretty! I definitely want to try makind some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Can't wait to get started on mine.

    ReplyDelete