Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zip Pouches again!

Michelle if you're reading this stop. Otherwise you won't be surprised!

Yesterday I got busy sewing up some zip pouches. My best friend in the world is celebrating her birthday in a couple weeks so I had to whip up something special to send to her. Last year she got this wonderful doll quilt (my first free motion quilting!). This year, something a bit more useable. This zip bag measures at about 4.5" x 8.5" a good size for storing just about anything. I tried to keep it mature, although the only zipper I could find was bright pink! lol.

January 2011 030

I made a second one, but didn't get too far because upon opening up the packaging for my second zipper, I found that it was missing the entire top of the zipper pull! How does that happen? I'm hoping Joann's doesn't give me trouble when I try to return it. It's definitely been sitting in my drawer for a few weeks, no receipt. I just want a replacement. That was the only other zipper I had. So the second bag will have to wait! The second one is a little thank you gift for Allie's fav. speech therapist (who she'll no longer be seeing since she doesn't require as much therapy anymore). I'm planning on adding a little note and a Starbucks gift card. That's cool right? I know it's not typically acceptable to really give gifts, but Ann has helped us a ton, and has been with Allie since she started Early Intervention almost two years ago! We'll be sad to see her go!

January 2011 031

Linking up to Fabric Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. Cool, what a great present. I like how you put it all together, and what is that fabric with the trees? And the pink zipper looks awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome present! I love that tree fabric, gorgeous choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pouches! I think it is totally acceptable to give a small gift to a therapist that you have been seeing for so long. The thing that she will treasure more than the pouch (or the Starbucks) will be the note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand when I'm in the groove working on something and I can't finish it for a silly reason!! Such cute zipper bags though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! I like the pink zipper ;) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    ReplyDelete