Monday, May 9, 2011

Ah! So close!

I am so close to being done quilting a quilt... and my machine seized up ... gave me those annoying warning beeps (like when a needle breaks) and won't move. (!!!!!) I had to work hard to get the needle raised enough to remove the quilt from under it (hopefully not causing any more trouble). Eeek. I really don't want to have to take it in to the shop. I'm not sure but it might be because I was sewing continuously -- in a radiating circular pattern... for quite some time (two bobbins+). Did my machine overheat? I have no clue. Nothing will move though. Ahh!

**Edit**
The sewing machine repair guy won't be in at Vogue until friday.... ugh. I guess I'm lucky I have another machine (two of them actually), but they run so slow comparatively. And not all the feet interchange. :( Sad. I just hope it's not too expensive to fix. I really like Nancy.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I had that exact thing happen to my Babylock a while back after I did a bunch of free motion quilting. I had to take it in, but the repair cost wasn't too bad--like $100. At least you have back up machines! When I had that happen it made me realize how much I need a backup machine. It's so painful to go without a sewing machine for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope it is quick and not too costly. It surely won't take as long as my machine, (which was 4 weeks).

    ReplyDelete