Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No drama for this blogger!

I'm adding a little happy to the blogging world today.

There have been many discussions throughout the quilting/sewing blogland recently about all sorts of dramatic things. While I really like discussing those things in person (and pondering about them myself), I don't have anything to add here. Instead I'd like to share some of the awesomeness of blogging.

Point one: Swap packages that are absolutely perfectly exactly what you've always wanted and wished for. (aka: was my partner hearing my own thoughts?). So much so that the whole family has heard about the package even if they don't know what a "mug rug" is. 
Mug Rug Swap package from Mjandco
Which was so amazing in every way... and truthfully, that little stack of scraps here inspired my entire bee month fabrics (those scraps were used for the centers of the blocks, and all throughout). And, I still use that pouch daily - it holds my camera and is so pretty that I never forget to put my camera back in it!

Point two: Rosemarie's Quilt
Rosemarie and Katee with their quilts!
If you are a recent reader of my blog you may not have heard about this (you can read all about it here). I have never met a group of people so generous and willing to help out! A little bit of detail for you new readers: my niece Rosemarie is almost five, and she's been battling Neuroblastoma (a rare form of childhood cancer) for almost four years. I'd wanted to make her a quilt to take on her weekly trips to the hospital but couldn't see how I could make one for her and not her older sister Katee. 33 people from all over the world contributed blocks to make them both quilts! Amazing generosity!!!

Point three: Friends we meet in person.
I finally started going to my local Modern Quilt Guild meetings... and at the last one I sat with two new people I hadn't ever met before. But, as it would happen, we'd already seen each other's work on flickr. Subsequently I've remained in contact with both of them via flickr and it's just really cool to get emails from a flickr friend who you know you'll actually see in real life. I just got a sweet flickr message from Elaine today that totally inspired me to go to my sewing machine - to sew something beautiful. I can't say how uplifting it is to have positive feedback like that!

Alright, now it's time for you guys to do the same... go and post some amazing things that you've encountered in the bloggy world!! :) I'd love to read your posts so feel free to leave a comment or email me the link to yours! :) 

Lets make a conscious effort to repeat / update these posts often.

3 comments:

  1. a postitively positve post... with lots of pretty things. I like those posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so refreshed, thanks Emily! I'm actually loving how even though we can get negative sometimes, there are waaay more positive things to read everyday! Thanks for the post :-)

    Ps. I really wanted that rug, it's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete