Friday, September 11, 2015

Color Gradient Pouch - Quilt Now Magazine!



When you submit items to magazines a lot of the time you don't really have a solid date as to when they'll hit the newsstands... so imagine my excitement when I realized that two of my projects are in magazines this month! 

My Color Gradient Pouch is in this month's Quilt Now Magazine! I love this pouch! Here's the story - last spring I was really geeking out over this teal / coral combo. I just NEEDED it in my life. (I'm still in love with it - what's not to love?) Anyway, I just wanted to go buy all the coral fabrics. My husband and I had a morning off, and we decided to go to the fabric store together. It was totally sweet. Wally and I were stacking bolts of solids, and playing with color options. He was impressed that that sort of thing is a regular happening at a quilt shop! He helped me pick out these colors - and as the shop ladies cut it from the bolts I dashed around to the Art Gallery shelf to find a coordinating print. Wally was adorable, talking me up to the shop owner. It was pretty sweet. I'm glad that he's interested enough in my projects to join in a little bit!


Ok. So the details about the pouch - it measures at about 10" x 10" It's flat on the bottom, and a layer of Fusible Fleece inside there keeps it sturdy enough to stand on it's own. And yes, those are 1/2" finished stripes. :)  I hope you'll go grab a copy of Quilt Now issue 14 and make one for yourself! 

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely. It's awesome that hubby joined it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats very cool that your projects are in magazines now. That's very exciting. Besides this one pouch is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete